Tino developed a fever on Saturday afternoon. All evening she was feverish and whimpering, poor baby. I wrapped her up in thick blankets to make her break out a sweat and bring her fever down. I tried wiping her down with a cold cloth but she hated it and screamed and cried until I stopped. On Sunday she was up and babbling away as usual. Then in the afternoon she became feverish again. In the evening I took her to see Dr H Peters. As was expected, he was in a rush to write the prescription without any explanation as to what was wrong with my bubba. He said she had the flu and slight pneumonia and prescribed benadryl, amoxycillin and panadol. That was it. Finished. Goodbye. No advice as to how to bring her fever down or what to do if it worsened. Stupid bastard.
Pneumonia. Scary thought of my baby catching pneumonia. The common cause of child/infant deaths. I made sure she was covered from head to toe. Her fever broke out again and her clothes were soaked in perspiration. She went to sleep at 10 pm and woke up again at 11:30 pm crying pitifully and heat emanating from every pore in her body. I quickly dunked her in cold water (while she was screaming fit to wake up everybody in Malie), dried her off and waited for her fever to subside. I gave her water, because the milk made her vomit, and she eventually went back to sleep. Poor poor baby.
Yesterday was better. She was fine all throughout the day and only became feverish once in the evening. Her cough however is bad and I rubbed baby vicks on her chest and back and wrapped a small cloth around her throat to ease the cough. She refused to have a sheet covering her and I fanned her back to sleep, while she was blabbering away and complaining all the while. This morning she was fine, though she still looks sick. Funnily enough, she hasn't lost any weight at all from her illness coz she's still eating like a pig. Lol.
Thank goodness Grandma comes back from NZ tomorrow, then she can take over. Nothing like experienced Nana to bring Tinto back to health and her normal self. Please God rid my Tinto of this illness and keep her safe in Your protection.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
awwww...poor bubba! Hope you she gets better girl, lots of panadol smooches and health boost huggles from me.
Gawd, I hate it when you take kids to the docs and all they do is throw a prescription for you to ram down the poor kiddies throats, without the extra much needed advice on how to handle/contain/lessen the pain etc...pshhhhhhh, i just wanna throw my shoe at him :D
xx
Aww..the life of a mum.
Which i know nothing about.
Hope she's feeling better :o)
poor bubs,
if only hugs and kisses could make the fever go away aye baby.
Prayers always for u our lil Tinto!
lots of alofa's for u sweetness.
Post a Comment