Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Feelings

I have often wondered how it would feel to have a baby. My very own baby. When I became pregnant, I was resigned to the fact that I was going to have one, whether I liked it or not. I was afraid of the difficulties of giving birth and of taking care of a newborn baby. This just wasn't me! But as the months went by, I became calmer. I wasn't exactly ready, but I was accepting of the fact that it was indeed going to happen to me very very soon.

When Tino was placed in my arms, I cried. I was emotionally overwhelmed by her. I couldn't believe that I had carried her in my womb for nine months and she was a part of me. Okay so you've heard this from a thousand other mothers. But it's always different somehow. The first few hours of her life, I spent watching her. Running my fingers over her face. Her little stub of a nose, her pursed up lips, her soft downy black hair. God's love is great, and he has bestowed much of it in my little girl.

Up to this day I am thankful for my little girl. I love her dearly and would commit serious damage if anything ever happened to her. Every day is a new day with her. She does something different and new which never fails to her amaze her parents. Tino baby, we love you more than anything. I just hope that when you grow up to be a naughty little girl, and an unruly teenager (just as we were), you will remember the love and blessings showered upon you.

No comments: